Cheryl provides the following website content optimisation (including copywriting) and search engine optimisation services to businesses and organisations:
- Search Engine Optimisation Audit (SEO Audit) – Reviewing your site and investigating how it is represented in Google and other search engines. Providing recommendations on what you may consider changing on your site to help it appear in search results relevant to the searcher’s query.
- Google Analytics – assisting with the implementation of “Google Analytics” (GA) on your website and reviewing your GA reporting providing actionable insights.
- Keyword Research – Finding the topical keywords and key phrases your website visitors may use in their search words when searching for information, products and services on Google and other search engines such as Bing and Yahoo!.
- Content Optimisation – Writing relevant quality web content with topical keywords in your page copy that describe and promote the business and/or services you provide as well as providing information that the people who use your services may find useful.
- Plain Language – Using plain language in your website copy to help your website visitors find what they need, understand what they read and be able to use what they find.
- Page Title and Meta Description Creation – Writing keyword rich page titles and content for meta descriptions which search engines may use in the page links and search snippets they display in their search results pages.
Cheryl Hardy commenced working in Geelong as a freelance content optimisation specialist in 2015. Before freelancing, for 19 years, she worked managing a number of websites for the Victorian Government, including the eGovernment Resource Centre, the main state government entry point www.vic.gov.au.
Cheryl also managed the Victorian’ Government’s domain vic.gov.au for more than 15 years.
In 2008, the eGovernment Resource Centre, was selected in the “Top 10 who are Changing the World of Internet and Politics“. The site was commended at the International eDemocracy Awards in Paris, France in the same year.
Cheryl has a proven track record in copywriting for the web and specialises in optimising content for organic search discovery in Google and other search engines. She created and nurtured strong networks of Victorian Government digital practitioners engaged in whole of government web issues. This included establishing the cross government SEO Reference Group sharing learning and experiences in SEO and web analysis which were subsequently applied to government websites.
Cheryl has worked on new and revised content for the Victorian Government’s Better Health Channel and Health websites.
She brings a wide ranging knowledge in the areas of
- website and content management,
- web analytics (Google Analytics),
- social media and
- domain name management,
with strong research, reporting and analytical skills which delivering actionable insights.
Prior to working in government, Cheryl managed special libraries in the accounting and consulting field.
Cheryl has a current Working With Children Check for the State of Victoria.
Cheryl has a Bachelor of Education and has studied to receive certification from the Search Engine College, in the areas of search engine optimisation and copywriting.
Read more about Cheryl’s experience on LinkedIn.